Eyelid surgery, also known as Blepharoplasty is a surgery that corrects droopy eyelids and involves eliminating excess skin, muscle, and fat. With increasing age, excess fat gathers above and below the eyelids that cause sagging eyebrows, droopy upper, lids and bags under the eyes. To help decide if Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty is good for you, you should know what you realistically expect and explore the advantages and risks of Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty.
When you see puffy eyes and bags under the eyes, you would want to undo its effects. Eyelid surgery also called an eye lift, is the possible aesthetic solution that can be your way out. Its objective hence can be divided into areas as under:
- Treatment for puffy eyes
- Remove fat deposits under the eye
- Remove wrinkles on lower eyelid
- Solution for droopy eyelids
- Correction for upper eyelid folds
- Improve vision in case of sagging eyelids
- Create a more youthful appearance
- Make the face look more alert
Step 1: Anesthesia
Medications are supplied for your comfort during the surgery on the upper surface of the skin. The alternatives include intravenous sedation or anaesthesia.
Step 2: The placement creation
The lines for eyelid surgery are designed; therefore, the resultant scars are well concealed within the natural structures of the eyelid region. The upper eyelid will be corrected through an incision within the natural crease on the eyelid. This enables for removal or repositioning of fat deposits, tightening of muscles and removal of excess skin.
Step 3: Closing the working area.
Eyelid incisions are generally closed using threads or skin glue. Threads are removed within one week. The surgeon may suggest using a laser or chemical peel to scale back discolouration of the lower eyelids.
Who should select this procedure?
Upper and lower lid Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty make your eyes look more youthful. Eyelid surgery or Blepharoplasty could be an option if you have:
- Baggy or droopy upper eyelids
- Excess skin above eyelids that intervenes with your visual sense
- Bags under your eyes
A brow lift is a procedure that people undergo to contour their face. A brow lift or forehead lift helps change the outcomes of gravity and stiffens the soft tissues of the forehead to restore a more youthful outline to your forehead skin, upper eyelids and eyebrows. The lateral end or ‘tail’ of the brow is located over the medial end. Every year, thousands of individuals undergo successful brow-lift surgery and are pleased with the results.
How is a brow lift procedure performed?
The type of brow lift you undergo is supported by your facial expression and aesthetic preferences. The goal of your aesthetic operating surgeon and, therefore, the entire staff is to assist you in achieving the foremost beautiful and natural-looking results, similarly to make your surgical experience as easy and comfy as possible.
When to think about a Brow Lift
The following are some common reasons why you will want to think about a brow lift:
- The outside of your brow sags, leading to a tragic expression.
- You have frown lines between your eyes.
- If you are a female and you cannot use makeup on the upper eyelid because drooping tissues have obscured the extent to which you have aged.
- If you gently lift the skin above your eyebrow into a delightful position and eliminate most of the surplus skin in your upper eyelid, a brow lift could also be right for you.
- Rely on an evaluation from a certified practitioner or a surgeon to understand if you would enjoy a brow lift, eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty, or both procedures.