Acne Scar Reduction in India
Acne or active breakouts are common among teenagers, men, and women of all ages. These breakouts can leave behind frustrating scars. The most disturbing part is when some acne scars do not disappear and aggravate your pain. It happens when acne perforates deep inside your skin, and damages the underlying tissue and leads to a change in skin colouration, black spots, and skin indentation. Scars have various forms such as:
- Rolling Scars- These are shallow, wide, and have sloping edges.
- Dark Spots- These are dark spots left by healed acne.
- Red Spots- These are flat reddish-brownish that fade eventually.
- Boxcar and Ice-Pick Scars- These are sunken scars that look like pits in your skin.
- Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids- These are big, raised growths led by excess scar tissue.
Acne is an inflaming condition and scar development depends on the extent and severity of skin inflammation. So the more you delay, the risk of scarring increases. An acne scar reduction treatment aims to provide the best treatment to make your scar less noticeable.
A dermatologist will suggest acne scar removal procedures depending on your skin condition. Common treatments to remove acne scars include:
- Dermabrasion: uses a high-speed brush to resurface and reduce the depth of blemish from the skin.
- A chemical peel: it is a chemical solution that removes the outer layer of the skin.
- Fillers: like collagen and hyaluronic acid are used to fill acne scars.
- Microdermabrasion: uses a handheld device to remove the outer layer of the skin.
- Laser treatment for acne scars: removes the outer layer and lightens the redness around healed acne lesions.
- Punch excision: skin surgery that involves excisioning the scar.
Are you the right candidate for acne scar removal treatment?
Acne scars can be temporary or permanent. The majority of them are permanent scars. Being an ideal candidate depends on various factors.
- Acne removal treatments work best on skin with fewer wrinkles, as they can prevent the light from effectively breaking the scar tissue. Your skin tone should not be too dark.
- Clients should not have active acne before undergoing any treatment. Acne will prevent the light from breaking up the scar tissue.
- A candidate must have a thorough understanding of the chosen of treatments.